TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated May 22, 2023
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise specified, the Site is our exclusive property, and all source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (collectively, the "Content") and trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the "Marks") are owned or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and trademark laws as well as various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. The Site provides the Content and Marks "AS IS" for your information and personal use only. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms of Service, no portion of the Site and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose, without our express prior written permission.
You represent and warrant the following by accessing and utilising the Site:
To utilise our services, you may be required to register on this website. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or alter a username you choose if, in our sole discretion, we determine that it is inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise objectionable.
FEES AND PAYMENT
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Cardano (ADA)
Some of our services may require you to purchase or pay a fee in order to gain access.
For all purchases made via the Site, you agree to provide current, complete, and accurate purchase and account information.Please note that we do not collect sensitive data. The address that made the transfer is saved on the blockchain, and we only collect the transaction ID associated with the payment. Koios uses an online payment system to bill customers for purchases made through this website.
Koios, as a decentralised autonomous organisation (DAO), operates in accordance with its nature and does not issue invoices because it is not a legal entity. Instead, we provide a receipt for the purchase, which functions as evidence of payment without any additional tax or VAT charges. This ensures a secure and convenient payment process for our customers.
Rest assured that we do not store or collect any sensitive payment information on our site. As required by us, no sales tax or VAT will be applied to the price of purchases.
Prices are subject to change at any time. Every payment must be made in Cardano ADA.
None of the purchases are refundable.
Logging into your account allows you to terminate your subscription at any time.
Your cancellation is effective at the conclusion of the current paid term.
If you are unhappy with our services, kindly send us an email at sales[@]koios.rest.
You may not access or use the Site for any other purpose than those for which it is intended. TheSite may not be utilised for any commercial purposes other than those expressly endorsed or authorised by us.
You agree, as a user of the Site, not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site for the purpose of creating or compiling, directly or indirectly, a collection, compendium, database, or directory without our prior written consent.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us or other users, particularly in an effort to obtain sensitive account information such as user credentials.
- Bypass, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or duplication of any Content or enforce usage limitations on the Site and/or its Content.
- Disparage, taint, or otherwise damage us and/or the Site, in our opinion.
- Use any information obtained from the Site to harass, abuse, or otherwise cause injury to another user.
- Use our support services improperly or file fraudulent allegations of abuse or misconduct.
- Utilize the Site in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
- Frame the Site or create unauthorized links to the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with the uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site by any party or modifies, impairs, disrupts,alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Make any automated use of the system, including the use of scripts to submit remarks or messages, data mining, robots, or similar data collection and extraction tools.
- Remove any notices of copyright or other proprietary rights from the Content.
- To attempt to impersonate another user or person, or to use another user's username.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including, but not limited to, clear graphics interchange formats ("gifs"), 11 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes known as "spyware" or "passive collection mechanisms" or "pcms").
- Interfere with, disrupt, or impose an unreasonable load on the Site or the networks or services linked to the Site.
- Harass, irritate, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing you with any portion of the Site.
- Attempt to circumvent any Site-implemented measures intended to prevent or restrict access to the Site or any portion of the Site.
- Except as permitted by applicable law, decrypt, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer any software composing or in any way constituting a portion of the Site.
Use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation any spider, robot, cheat utility,scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, as well as using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Make purchases on the Site through a purchasing agent or buying agent.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, such as accumulating usernames and/or email addresses of users through electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or creating user accounts through automated means or deceptive pretenses.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us, or use the Site and/or Content for any other commercial or revenue-generating purpose.
- Sell or transfer your profile in some other way.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may offer you the chance to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform,publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text,writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, personal information or other material (collectively, "Contributions"). Contributions may be accessible to other Site users and third-party websites. Therefore, any Contributions you transmit may be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create Contributions or make them available, you represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- You are the creator and proprietor of your Contributions, or you have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and authorize us, the Site, and other Site users to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms of Service.
- You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual in your Contributions to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and these Terms of Service.
- Your Contributions are not deceptive, misleading, or inaccurate.
- Your Contributions do not consist of unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not indecent, vulgar, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, or slanderous (as determined by us) or otherwise objectionable.
- Your Contributions do not denigrate, belittle, disparage, intimidate, or otherwise abuse any individual.
- Your Contributions are not used to harass or threaten (in the legal sense) any other person or to promote violence against a particular individual or group of individuals.
- Your Contributions do not violate any law, rule, or regulation.
- Your Contributions do not violate any third party's right to privacy or publicity.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law regarding child pornography or any other law designed to protect the health or safety of minors.
- Our Contributions do not contain any offensive remarks regarding race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
- Your Contributions do not otherwise violate any provision of these Terms of Service or any applicable law or regulation, nor do they link to such content.
Any use of the Site in violation of the aforementioned may result in termination or suspension of your rights to use the Site.
By posting Contributions to any part of the Site or making Contributions accessible to the Site by linking your account from the Site to any of your social networking accounts, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, transmit, adapt, translate, The use and distribution of the material is permissible in all media formats and through all media channels.
This license includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, as well as any trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you supply. You renounce all moral rights to your Contributions, and you warrant that no moral rights have been asserted against them.
We make no claim to ownership of your Contributions. You retain complete proprietorship of all of your Contributions and associated intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights. We are not responsible for any claims or representations made in your Contributions in any area of the Site. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site, and you expressly agree to absolve us of all liability and to refrain from bringing any legal action against us in connection with your Contributions.
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by either: (1) providing your Third-PartyAccount login information through the Site; or (2) allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account.
You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third-Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account.
By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that (1) we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (the “SocialNetwork Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and (2) we may submit to and receive from your Third-Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third-Party Account. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts,personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then SocialNetwork Content may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your Third-Party Accounts at any time.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content.
You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Site.You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your Third-Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable).
We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third-Party Account, except the user name and profile picture that become associated with your account.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site ("Submissions") provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any suchSubmissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
WEBSITES AND CONTENT
Links to other websites ("Third-Party Websites") as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications,software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties ("Third-Party Content") may be included on the Site or sent to you via the Site.Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked by us for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessible through the Site or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Thrid-Party Content. Inclusion of, linking to, or allowing the use or installation of Third-Party Websites or Third-Party Content does not constitute our sanction or endorsement of such sites or content. If you depart the Site and access Third-Party Websites or use or install Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk and should be aware that these Terms of Service no longer apply. You should evaluate the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data collection practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site, as well as the terms and policies applicable to any applications you use or install from the Site.Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be made through other websites and from other companies; we assume no responsibility for such transactions, which are solely between you and the relevant third party. You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites, and you agree to hold us blameless for any damages resulting from your purchase of such products or services. In addition, you agree to hold us blameless from any losses you incur or injury you suffer as a result of your use of Third-Party Content or contact with Third-Party Websites.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to: (1) monitor the Site for violations of these Terms ofUse; (2)take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms ofUse, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities; and (3) in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your content, information, or materials.
We care about data security and privacy. Please examine our Privacy Statement at https://koios.rest/pricing/PrivacyPolicy.html or any other relevant website.
LIMITATION OF SERVICE AND LIABILITY
Koios operates as a decentralised API Service in the blockchain environment. As such, we strive to provide a highly available and scalable service. However, it is important to note that Koios does not guarantee any specific service level quality or uninterrupted operation. While we employ robust security measures and monitoring systems to mitigate potential risks, we cannot be held responsible for any downtime, service interruptions, or out-of-order situations, including but not limited to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks or other external factors beyond our control. By using our services, you acknowledge and agree that Koios shall not be held liable for any damages, losses, or disruptions incurred as a result of the functioning, performance, or availability of our services. This includes any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages arising from the use or inability to use our services. We encourage our users to implement their own risk management strategies and ensure adequate redundancy and backup measures to mitigate potential disruptions or losses. Please note that this limitation of the service and liability section is governed by our Terms of Service and is an integral part of your agreement with Koios. By accessing and using our services, you signify your understanding and acceptance of these terms.
We are respectful of others' intellectual property rights. If you believe that any content on or accessible through the Site violates any copyright you own or control, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below (a "Notification"). A copy of your Notification will be sent to the individual who uploaded or stored the material at issue. Please be advised that you may be held liable for damages under applicable law if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Therefore, if you are uncertain as to whether content located on the Site or linked to by the Site violates your intellectual property rights, you should consider contacting an attorney.
TERM AND TERMINATION
While you use the Site, these Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect and shall be governed by the DAO. In accordance with the DAO infrastructure, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion and through a decentralised decision-making process, to deny access to and use of the Site (including blocking certain IP addresses) to any person for any reason or for no reason, including, but not limited to, for breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these Terms of Service or of any applicable law or regulation. The DAO may at any time, through a decentralised decision-making process and without notice, terminate your use or participation on the Site, destroy your account and any content or information you posted, or both.